Thursday, June 05, 2008

Summer fun for boys!




This has to be one of the most unique promotions of all time:

To encourage summer reading, Max Elliot Anderson, author of action-adventures and mysteries for kids, released a bottle with a special card inside into the Rock River, near his home of Rockford, Illinois, on May 31, 2008.

"Since most of my books contain adventures, and are written especially for boys 8 - 12, I wanted to do something different this summer, to point out the importance of reading in America," he says. "That’s because I grew up hating to read." His blog, Books for Boys, ranks in the top 10 searches on Google.

He placed the bottle into the river, downstream from a spillway. "I know there are lots of hazards and obstacles in the rivers," says Max. "But I’m hoping my bottle makes its way to the end of the Rock River, and into the Mississippi. If it gets that far, then who knows?"

When the card is returned to the author, he will send a set of his books to the person who found it. "What better way to get kids excited about the adventure of reading, than to give them a real adventure this summer?" Max reasons.

Max's books, which have been compared to such literary figures as Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn, Nancy Drew and Lemony Snicket, include North Woods Poachers, Mountain Cabin Mystery, Big Rig Rustlers, Secret of Abbott’s Cave, and Legend of the White Wolf.

http://www.maxbooks.9k.com/
http://booksandboys.blogspot.com/

Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner's choice! Tell your friends.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 05 June, 2008, Blogger windycindy said...

How fun is that?! I hope some boys that love to read find his bottle.
Cindi

 
At Tuesday, 10 June, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a really fun, I wish I'd live nearby to search for it.
I posted a link to this story in Parent Bits
http://www.parentsbits.com/story.php?title=Summer_fun_for_boys

Everybody vote for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle