Tuesday, September 02, 2008

That girl


I just had to brag on my son. I knew you'd all appreciate it. This is a poem 19-year-old (never been kissed) Cory wrote. This is a photo of him with the girls he interned with at church this summer--his friends. Isn't the poem sweet?


That girl, by Cory Goyer

That girl
I don't know her hair color
I don't know her smile
I don't know her laugh
I don't know the color of her eyes
Or her favorite song
I don't know her passions
I don't know the thing she hates
I don't know her face
I don't know where she likes to hide
Or the twinkle in her eye
I don't know if I know her
But I know she is that girl

I would give my life for that girl
I would give up everything for that girl
I would die for that girl
I would live for that girl
I would love that girl
I would care for that girl
I would take care of that girl
All for that girl

I know she is beautiful
I know she is smart
I know she is wonderful
I know she is funny
I know she is amazing
I know she is mine
I know she is that girl

She may not know it yet
For I surely don't
She may mat not love me yet
But I know she will
Because I know I will love her
With all that I have
She may not even know me yet
But she will know me more than anyone

She may has a past
Wrong things
Regrets
Sorrows
But I will not see these things
I will wipe away her sorrows
I will not remember her wrong doings
I will not regret
Because if everything
She has ever done
Will lead her to me
Then I thank her past

So God I pray
I pray for that girl
I pray you let me wait
I pray you let her wait
I pray for her safety
I pray for her happiness
God lead me to that girl

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, 02 September, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet poem! Thank you for sharing it, Tricia. Sounds like some girl is going to have a fine young man someday when God leads them together.

 
At Tuesday, 02 September, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That seriously needs to be converted into a song.....

 
At Tuesday, 02 September, 2008, Blogger Jessica's Visions said...

Wow!!! I seriously got chills!! I know he will find her!!

 
At Tuesday, 02 September, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only hope & pray that this will be the thinking of my boys as they get older. Thanks for sharing!

Rebecca

 
At Thursday, 04 September, 2008, Blogger Ali said...

what a great poem :)

oh hey, I'm a Montana girl too! I grew up in Bozeman. I miss it so much!!

 
At Friday, 05 September, 2008, Blogger Michelle said...

WOW! What a great poem. That girl will be blessed to find him someday. Awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle