Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Tis the Season: Show by example

Model Contentment

It’s important for kids to learn to be happy with what they have. This often means modeling that behavior.

“I have asked God to give me a heart that holds things loosely,” says Cara, a mom from Indiana. “I have to consistently reevaluate how I am doing as a model for my kids.”

Personally, I make an effort to watch my words and my shopping cart. It does little good if I tell my kids to be happy with what they have and then fill my cart with things that catch my eye. Sometimes my own “wants” roll off my tongue without thinking. In the reverse of that, my words of thankfulness are also noted and mimicked. Which is a good thing!

Continuing series on Contentment this holiday season!

1 Comments:

At Thursday, 06 November, 2008, Blogger Amy said...

Thank you for the series on contentment. I get so frustrated with the holidays and all the I wants. My girls have everything and being a single parent, the holidays is over the top. I try to keep it simple but the world still wants more!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle