Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Today is January 1 for Me

Yes, I know the calendar says January 6, but today is January 1 for me. December was filled with ... well, you know December ... it was filled with everything! This included a vacation to Southern California to visit my four sisters and my dad. We drove back, arriving home the 4th. And then January 5th my novel Sunflower Serenade was due. Can you say EXHAUSTING?

So since it's January 1, today I wrote my "January List" of healthy habits, and I'm starting them. Today I'm going to resume my exercise routine (after I finish this blog). And today, I'm starting my Bible reading plan. I'm doubling up until I get caught up!

This is the reading plan I'm using.
http://www.ewordtoday.com/year/8/ojan01.htm

I already started reading in Genesis, and I just had to pause to write this blog. Why? Because I had to share with someone ... God our Creator is amazing! (And since the rest of my family is still sleeping, I thought I'd share it with YOU.)

The creation story is one of my favorites in the Bible. I love it because God is so subtle, yet there is so much behind His Words. For example Genesis 1:24:

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creeping things, and [wild] beasts of the earth according to their kinds. And it was so." Amplified Version

In those two sentences is packed within a million Discovery Channel/Animal Planet episodes. Just think about that.

Yet, I cannot rejoice about creation without also marveling at the Creator:

[But] in the last of these days [God] has spoken to us in [the person of a] Son, Whom He appointed Heir and lawful Owner of all things, also by and through Whom he created the worlds and the reaches of space and the ages of time [He made, produced, built, operated, and arranged them in order]. Hebrews 1:2 Amplified

Do you know what I thought of when I read that? I am in the middle of that mess. I am part of His creation. I am in the world He made ... and even though sometimes I feel lost in the reaches of space (not literally) He knows me. I can even go as far as to say that when I allow the Son His rightful ownership Jesus WILL make, produce, build, operate, and arrange my days in order. My MOMENTS in order.

Today may be January 6th, but I'm pretending it's January 1, just to get on track. And this New Year my main goal is to learn moment-by-moment to hand over all over myself and to give Jesus His rightful place. It's only when He holds the keys to my year, my mind, and my heart that I will run--my life will run--as it ought to.

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle