Monday, April 03, 2006

Any Way You Want It

Is it bad to “want it all”? That’s a question that Gen X moms should ask. In an article by USA Today, titled “Gen X moms have it their way” the author states, “these younger mothers are reshaping their generation’s parenting practices.” As Gen Xers, we “expect arrangements including flextime hours, part-time jobs, shorter work hours, telecommuting, job sharing . . .” We also often leave the workforce entirely if we can afford it.

The entire article can be read here:


So what do you think? Why do you think Gen X moms “want it all”? Do you fit this mold? How have you balanced your work with your home life? (Or, how has your wife?) I’d love to hear your comments!

4 Comments:

At Monday, 03 April, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from the UK. Just seen on UK news that there is now a blooker prize for bloggers. It made me look into blogging and the thought to do a Christian daily blog, for most days I have something from the Lord that is exciting and encouraging to share. My husband found me a blogger site and said click on the random button. Immediately your site came up how amazing that it should happen I stumble on blog from a Christian and you are a writer like myself. I write fiction books, but yet to be published. My children have long fled the nest, but I know our heavenly Father longs to see His nest filled with adopted sons and daughters and maybe blogging the gospel is the way to go, so may the Lord bless you in your endeavours to get His message out.

Ruth Johnson

 
At Tuesday, 04 April, 2006, Blogger Gina Conroy said...

I definitely fit into the mold. I was a latchkey kid raised by a single mom. Thankfully we lived in an apartment in my grandmother's house, so we really weren't alone. But I do find myself wanting it all, and I try to give my kids everything as well. But I'm learning I can't have it all and give everything 100%. I don't think anyone can. Something has to give. I'm a writer, homeschooler, wife and mother. Right now my writing has had to take a back seat to my family. I'm not happy about it, but I'm willing to do what I have to in order to be there for my children and give them the time and commitment they need at this stage in their life.

Tricia, thanks for all your work on your book and blog. I know it will make a difference in the lives of so many families.

 
At Tuesday, 04 April, 2006, Blogger Tricia Goyer said...

Ruth,

So glad that this blog was your "random" pick, yet for some reason I don't think it was random at all. God is cool!

Tricia

 
At Tuesday, 04 April, 2006, Blogger Tricia Goyer said...

Gina,

I'm right there with you, girl. It's a lot to take on, but soon these kids will be grown, right? It's worth it!

Tricia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle