Friday, April 07, 2006

Simply Irresistible (Robert Palmer)

This link was sent to me by a fellow Gen-Xer, and I think it’s rad! (You have to be a Gen-Xer to know what “rad” means.)

You Might Be a “Gen-Xer” If . . .

So, how did you do? Did it bring back a lot of memories? Me too!

And here’s a few things I can add . . .

--I remember when Strawberry Shortcake was cool, the first time around.

--I’ll never forget the episode on “Days of Our Lives” when Bo and Hope confessed their love with “Lady in Red” playing in the background.

--I was part of a lip-sync contest at school, singing and dancing to “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” by Cyndy Lauper.

Okay, how about you? What are some of your memories?

3 Comments:

At Friday, 07 April, 2006, Blogger ~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Holly Hobby - the first time around...
Care Bears - the first time around...
Flashdance movie - not the JLo video...
Every Song Title to your posts...
The beginning of MTV - and that one video they had and played OVER and OVER and OVER...("Video Killed the Radio Store..."???)Anyone else remember that one?!

I could go on and on... but lastly - pretty much everything our preteens/teenagers think is cool... we thought it was cool FIRST!

Yes - it's true - it HAS happened to us! We've become our parents?! LOL!
~Karrilee~

 
At Sunday, 09 April, 2006, Blogger Gina Conroy said...

I love the titles of your posts. It brings back lots of memories and I'm definitely a Gen Xer though I"m on the older end of the scale. After reading your post and the link I realize TV played a major role in my upbringing and would like to add some of my favorites to the list.

Little House on the Praire every Monday night taught me about family, compassion, and made me cry every night.

Eight is Enough: I wanted to be like Elizabeth and was in love with Ralph Macchio.

And let's not forget Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, The Waltons, The Smurfs (I've got a huge collection of those little figurines.)

And School House Rock ROCKS! I still know the preamble to the constitution and all the words to all the songs. I even went out and purchased the entire anniversary collection for my kids!

Thanks for this fun post.

 
At Wednesday, 12 April, 2006, Blogger Tricia Goyer said...

I SO remember the things both Karrilee and Gina commented on.

What about:
Farrah Fawcett hair
Leg warmers
polo shirts
muncheechee . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle