Monday, June 19, 2006

Just Call Me "Trouble"

When I was sixteen, this guy named John approached his mom--who happened to be the pastor's wife at the church I occassionally attended.

"Who is that Tricia? I'd like to get to know her better," John asked his mom.

"Stay away from her, she's TROUBLE," his mom answered.

I love telling this story, because John is now my husband. And yes, that pastor's wife, is my mother-in-law. If she only had a clue at the time!

At age sixteen I WAS trouble.

At age seventeen I got pregnant and had a son, Cory.

At age eighteen I gave my heart to the Lord and my life totally changed. So much, in fact, that John's mom worked with my mom to match us up.

I'm a testimony that God can transform lives. And because of it, my life isn't the only one affected. John's life has been touched by a godly wife. Cory's life is different because he had a god-loving mom who raised him. The lives of my other two kids, my family, in-laws, church friends, readers . . . are all different because I chose to submit my life to God.

I love teasing my mother-in-law about calling me trouble. But I love it even more that my own teens/preteens have chosen to live lives dedicated to God. My transformation is one thing God used to bring my kids to Him.

This is a photo of Cory with his friends at a recent Young Life camp. He's the tall, dark and handsome one on the left.

Oh, yes, and now that I'm at the place my mother-in-law was seventeen years ago, I'm praying for a godly wife for my son . . . in a few years, of course, but applications are being accepted!

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, 20 June, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

What a wonderful testimony!

 
At Tuesday, 20 June, 2006, Blogger Tricia Goyer said...

Thanks! God is good!!!

 
At Friday, 23 June, 2006, Blogger Heather Gemmen Wilson said...

Great entry, Tricia! As a person who was once a crazy teenager—and now has a couple teens—I can relate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle