Saturday, November 11, 2006

I read a book recently that gave me a little insight as to why I do what I do . . .

I just recieved an awesome review of Generation NeXt Parenting. Check it out at:

Surviving the Chaos Blog

Here is a quote from Chaos-Jamie:

"I read a book recently that gave me a little insight as to why I do what I do in regard to parenting my children. And I thought I was just nuts. Apparently, there is this whole generation of us who want to "do it right" and that doesn't necessarily mean the way our parents did it.

"Okay, fess up parents (the 45 and under crowd), you've read at least one parenting book, haven't you? And probably not just one....say 10? At least skimmed. Because we don't want to screw up our kids, do we? I want to get it right. So much responsibility. So many things that can go wrong. So much judgement--or we see it even if it isn't there--if only from ourselves.

"So I picked up Generation NeXt Parenting by Tricia Goyer expecting her to tell me how to do it right. And she didn't.

"The nerve. The audacity. Ah, the freedom . . ."

It's really a great review if I said so myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle