Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Love GenX Style Contest entry #2

Remember the story with the most votes wins the "date with your spouse" gift certificate! If you haven't yet submitted a story...what are you waiting for? :)

This story was submitted by Laura R.

It was the cowgirl boots.

My daddy would not have purchased them for me if he had known I would wear them with a short denim skirt and a sassy attitude. The attitude he was aware I had, the short skirt? Maybe not.

Anyway, each morning I attended chapel at Messiah College, Grantham, PA. and I found it fun to see in what way I could combine my cowboy boot flair with my own personal style.

Apparantly, my future groom was noticing the boots and a few other features that the short denim skirt revealed as I would prominade into chapel every Tuesday and Thursday morning.

Again, my daddy would have lowered the skirt but I am so glad I caught the attention of my sweet groom in those boots. Thanks for the gift dad!

My husband describes not knowing my name or anything about me but watching for me to enter chapel (should probably have been praying I ususally remind him) in those boots with my unique style and funk! He is a quiet and extremely laid back fellow. I am not. I grab life by the boots and call for adventure.

He ended up lasooing me down and asking me on a date. It has been a wild ride ever since. At our wedding my pastor married us and said, "Matt, hang on, it is going to be one wild ride." My husband, Matt, already knew that b.c. the boots that attracted him were just the beginning of a long life of riding many trails together.

As a side, after our 2nd son was born we were out on a rare date wandering through a department store. Simultaneously, a pair of high heeled cowgirl boots (Defantly not ones my father would have bought me but my husband was more than willing) caught our attention at the same time. One glance at those boots took us back to the almost forgotten in formula and diaper days original cowgirl boot love at first sight (for my husband anyway) days. In less than a second they were in a bag and on the way home to our house. :) Shortly thereafter our daughter was conceived and would you believe, she loves cowgirl boots as much as her mommy. Her daddy bought her a pink pair!

The boot scooting boogie goes on.....She has quite a bit of flair as well! I think my father is quite glad he bought his daighter those cowboy boots. He had intended them to be original and fun for me but they ended up catching the attention of my cowboy whom I intend to ride into the sunset with! YeeHaw!



Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner's choice! Tell your friends.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, 01 April, 2008, Blogger windycindy said...

Very well written! I like this story. Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle