Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Eternity is...


This is from a 1986 issue of Reader's Digest

Eternity Is . . .
. . . keeping a smile on your face till the shutter clicks
. . . waiting for the tow truck to show up.
. . . listening for the sound of a key in the lock at 2 a.m.
. . . trying to find a six-cent error in your bank balance.
. . . 20 minutes of aerobic exercise.
. . . awaiting the result of a pregnancy test.
. . . listening to a six-year old relate the plot of this neat movie.
. . . looking for a freeway exit when you are headed the wrong direction.
. . . housebreaking a new puppy.
. . . the second hour of Monopoly.
. . . waiting for the light to turn green when you've spotted an empty parking
space across the intersection.
-- by Jane Go

MeMe
What was "Eternity" to you in the 80s?


Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner's choice! Tell your friends. Congratulations! Cheri stopped lurking last week on My Writing Mentor!

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, 18 March, 2008, Blogger windycindy said...

I have to think about this one! I was in college part of the time. I know some of my classes seemed like an eternity! My husband, then boyfriend lived in California and I lived in Illinois. Three years dating long distance was an eternity. I didn't really like my job, so the shifts seemed like an eternity. Thanks,Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

 
At Thursday, 20 March, 2008, Blogger Tricia Goyer said...

Waiting to find out if "he" liked me felt like eternity.
Waiting for the nurse to tell me if I was pregnant or not felt like eternity.
Finishing my senior year at home, alone, seemed like eternity.
Now I'm thankful I have Jesus to REALLY spend eternity with!

 
At Monday, 31 March, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, seems like I found your blog in time! LOL ... eternity to me in the 80's ... waiting to grow up to be an adult. However in the 00's with three children, eternity is waiting to become a child again so someone can take care of me again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle