Friday, April 28, 2006

Guest Blogger--Amanda K. Coughlin

Okay, I usually don't have guest bloggers two days in a row, but I had to share a special one. Amanda is one of the AMAZING moms who helped me with Life Interrupted: The Scooping on Being a Young Mom.

I'm so excited for her! And I think you will be too . . .

Open Doors, by Amanda Coughlin

If you worry enough and pray enough, I guess things turn out in the end. I have been in the process of applying to the Faculty of Education in Ontario for the past year. My Fall term grades were a huge disappointment, and I was just about ready to toss in the towel. Thankfully, God had something else in mind.

A few weeks ago, I received my first letter of acceptance from Lakehead University in Thunderbay. A bit of a hike (read 15-hour drive), but we were ready to do it. We were so ready in fact, that when we received news that I had also been accepted at the University of Western Ontario we were shocked.

Don't get me wrong, we were grateful. Western is the most coveted and thus hardest school to get into though, and with my grades we were not expecting it at all. After analysing the situation, (I can't just accept the fact) I realized that I had done everything they had asked me to do. I had gotten at least a half credit in each of the five areas they look at. I had maintained the average they wanted me to, and besides that I have an experience profile that would make anyone want me to teach their children. They didn't care about my grades because I had done what they wanted me to do before applying.

That being said, I now had to look at the options. God knew that I had always wanted to go up north and live closer to nature than the city allows. God also knew I wanted to be close to my family for 'just in case' situations and support. God allowed ME to make the choice. There were so many people praying for me to get into a great school that God couldn't help but hear. When your dreams happen to follow the path God had in mind, God opens the doors through which you need to travel.

--Amanda K. Coughlin BA Archaeology and History (English Minor)
Wilfrid Laurier University 2006 and on to University of Western Ontario, Althouse Faculty of Education!

(Not to mention very proud mother of 3 year old son who joined the family January of her second year in university.)

2 Comments:

At Friday, 28 April, 2006, Blogger Amanda Kat C said...

Thanks for posting me Tricia!

 
At Monday, 01 May, 2006, Blogger Tricia Goyer said...

Amanda,

Thank you for sharing what God is doing in your life. I'm so proud of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle