10 Things I've Learned...As A Parent by Cara Putnam
Top Ten Things I’ve Learned as a Parent
1) Love really does multiply. No matter how many children you have, there’s always enough love to go around. It’s not a zero sum game.
2) Boys and girls are wired differently from birth.
3) Pets add a richness to children’s lives that is worth the food, vet bills, never-ending walks.
4) Children really do grow too fast. Hang on for the ride and enjoy every moment – even the hard ones – because before too long, you’ll wish you could have them back again.
5) Kids value time much more than things. Listen to what they really want and you’ll usually find it’s time with you.
6) Kids need time to be children. In our high pressure society, we have to fight to keep from over-scheduling their lives.
7) There is no right or wrong way to space kids. Let God lead, and you’ll have the right family for you.
8) Spoiling kids is great – but only when you don’t have to take them home with you.
9) Spending the time and energy training your children leads to delightful, enjoyable children.
10) My life is infinitely richer because I have children in my life.
Cara C. PutmanCanteen Dreams -- coming October 2007 (Heartsong Presents)
The Law, Life & Books: http://carasmusings.blogspot.com
Original Writer for Jake Tremaine at Scenes & Beans:http://kannerlake.blogspot.com