Monday, November 12, 2007

A Gen X mom to cheer on! Rene Gutteridge



MY DUTCH BOOK TOUR

That’s right! I went Dutch! I had the great honor of going over to The Netherlands to tour with the Dutch translation of The Splitting Storm, Storm Gathering, Storm Surge and Boo. It was an incredible experience. The people were very warm, friendly and TALL! Along with my Dutch publisher, Kees Bezemer, my husband and I went from bookstore to bookstore. I think we nearly covered the entire country! And it paid off. The Splitting Storm was #1 for June, July and August. It doesn’t get too much more exciting than that.

While I was there, I did a lot of talks on tornados. As you know I have a great interest in tornados. It was especially fun in the Netherlands because they don’t have tornados! So you won’t believe what happened. While I was over there, they had a tornado! It made front-page news because it is so rare. I was teased that I may have brought a bit of Oklahoma with me. Ironically, their beloved and well-known meteorologist was over in my part of the country chasing tornados! He comes over every year. I bet he was mad that he missed the one tornado in their country!

I toured Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague, Urk, Gouda, just to name a few! We even went up to the northern tip of The Netherlands to view the North Sea and get to know the people of Friesland, who speak an entirely different language than Dutch. One of the highlights was seeing Madurodam, which is a miniature version of the entire country.



However, the best part of the trip was meeting Dutch readers and introducing new readers to my books. It is a little mind blowing to know that on the other side of the world people are reading my books! It is such a blessing.

We spent many days drinking (very, very good) coffee and visiting with new friends. The experience was wonderful!

I’ve included a photo album with a few of the 1000 (yes, 1000!) pictures my husband and I took while over there. We got some great pictures of the sights, but for the newsletter I just included the book signing photos. If you ever get a chance, visit the Netherlands! It’s a beautiful country!

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 13 November, 2007, Blogger Gina Conroy said...

How exciting? How does one even go about getting a Dutch publisher? It's mind boggling just wrapping my mind around where your books are taking you and where you're taking Jesus!

 
At Saturday, 14 November, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle