Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ask and you may receive...

Lately in addition to balancing writing, homeschool, baby care, and life ... I've also been planning a missions' trip to the Czech Republic. Yesterday I heard amazing news. It's so exciting, and well ... I'm just going to have to fill you in.

Here's the story:

I've visited the Czech Republic twice--once in 2000 and once in 2002. I can't describe how I fell in love with the country and the people. John was with me the second time and I told him, "Honey, can't we move here and be missionaries?" At the time it wasn't feasible, but that little seed was planted in my heart.

Fast forward to 2007. I was in Sunday School when this sweet looking young woman sat next to me. I introduced myself and she did too. I noticed her accent right away. She said her name is Sona and she was from the Czech Republic. We talked a little, but because I serve in children's church every week I wasn't able to connect with Sona to tell her how much the Czech Republic meant to me.

Then ... last fall I started teaching Experiencing God. Sona was in my class. (If you haven't taken that Bible Study you MUST.) Anyway, through the class my love for the Czech Republic came up. Sona also shared how she's prayed for three years to be able to return to her country to share her faith.

Well, one week the topic was about International missions. Henry Blackaby was talking about looking within your own church. He said that if you have Internationals within your congregation you should ask God why they are there and if you should reach out to their home countries.

That week I was sweeping the church after the Wed. night supper when the idea struck my heart that we should plan a short-term missions trip to the Czech Republic. I ran over to Sona, who was washing dishes and I said, "Sona, we need to go to the Czech Republic next year for a short term missions' trip." Her eyes widened. A smile filled her face. I've been praying about the VERY thing all week!

So, since November I've been checking out different opportunities ... and I found MANY! There were things we liked about each, but yesterday I connected with a project that is a PERFECT fit for our group! I'm so excited. (More details to come!)

Of course, now I know of many, many opportunities--more than one team can do. So that is where YOU come in. If you are interested in a short-term missions trip in the Czech Republic or Slovakia, PLEASE let me know. I can pass on information. There are WONDERFUL opportunities and ministries that are in need of workers for teaching English (if you speak it, you can teach it!), children's outreach, youth outreach, construction and MORE!

Email me! fromdustandashes@hotmail.com

Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner's choice! Tell your friends.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, 27 February, 2008, Blogger windycindy said...

What an amazing story. I hope you get to do all that you want and more! Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle