Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Guest Blogger...Cara Putman


You've got all kinds of options now :-)

So I'm nearing the end of this pregnancy. Yeah!

Nesting is that interesting phenomenon when women go crazy making their houses ready for the arrival of the baby. I'm convinced Eric thinks I'm in full nesting mode or slightly insane. I'm not so sure. I just see us getting things done that need to happen. But you can decide.

For example, after getting back from a relaxing vacation in Arizona, what do I do over the next seven days? Here's the list:


  1. Waded through 1500 emails that were waiting for me.
  2. Sign a contract to write the Complete Idiots Guide to Business Law.
    Deadline September 15th. Conversation with editor to make sure we're on the same page.
  3. Sign contract with non-fiction agent...don't necessarily see myself writing a ton of non-fiction, but she will work with me on any CIG books. Others would go through my fiction agent who I adore.
  4. Get back in the swing of homeschooling.
  5. Take both kids to gymnastics (Abigail twice a week), and Abigail to ballet, piano, and speech. Continue to lead Bible study.
  6. Attend Dierks Bentley concert.
  7. ACFW board work
  8. Seek influencers for Deadly Exposure and Sandhill Dreams.
  9. Follow up with other editor on Ohio World War Two novel that is due October 1.
  10. Work on ACFW conference details
  11. Spend hours this weekend cleaning Abigail's room. It needed a desperate organizing and I needed to reclaim the changing table that we'd been "organizing" her clothes on.
  12. Spend hours Sunday afternoon with Eric and three great friends from church who showed up with all the tools to help us clean out our treeline and do some yard work. The treeline looks amazing! And something got removed from my long list of I-wish-I-had-the-time-and-energy-to-do list. Wouldn't have been possible without our friends.
  13. Worked on the corners of our room to try to declutter before we move the baby stuff in.
  14. Made a list of appointments and events to happen before the baby arrives including Stanley Steamer to clean carpets and painter from church to bid on some projects we've talked about for awhile.
  15. Went to the firm today and got an assignment for a great tax research project.
And this probably barely scratches the surface. So am I crazy?

Nesting? Working against a deadline? You decide. :-)

Cara C. Putman
www.caraputman.com

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, 06 May, 2008, Blogger windycindy said...

I think it is both! Nesting and a deadline. Plus, you have other children. You are one very busy person. Best wishes with your new baby and your deadline. Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle