And the winners are...Drum Roll Please!
The FIRST PLACE WINNER of the "Love GenX Style" win a date with your spouse contest is:
Love GenX Style Contest entry #14 Cassie L!!!!!!!!!!
the five runner's up are:
Joy M: Love GenX Style Contest entry #1
Rebecca: Love GenX Style Contest entry #21
Laura P: Love GenX Style Contest entry #6
Vickie M: Love GenX Style Contest entry #25
Danielle S: Love GenX Style Contest entry #10
They won a copy of Joanna Weaver's With This Ring!
Congratulations and thank you ALL heaps for your participation and for sharing your stories with us!
****Winners, please send your mailing addresses to my trusty assistant Amy! (email@example.com)
Oh, and here's a fun quiz that Jeanette made up for her blog tour post! I love it!
You may be wondering, who falls under the category of Gen X? Take this quiz to find out if it includes you.
1. True or False: It bother you that “oldies” radio stations play songs from the ’80.
2. When you hear songs by Journey, REO Speedwagon, Duran Duran, The Thompson Twins, and Pat Benatar in the grocery store, you . . .
A) Have no idea who is singing
B) Assume you are hearing a new (and rather annoying) song
C) Have flashbacks to your junior prom
D) Fight the urge to sing along
E) Either C or D
3. As a teen, your morning routine required at least 30 minutes dedicated to:
A) Working out
B) Your quiet time
C) Cramming for that day’s test
D) Increasing the height of your bangs
4. At least one adult compared your favorite earrings to:
A) Delicate jewels
B) Just like Grandma’s
C) Something a heathen would wear
D) Fishing lures
5. You knew one or more guys in high school who (choose at least 3):
o Burned his AC/DC albums in junior high because if you played them backwards you could hear satanic lyrics
o Wore eye liner
o Had spiked hair (at least 4 inches high, preferably dyed)
o Made fun of the “punkers” and “wavers” with the eye liner and spiked hair
o Had a Mohawk
o Belted out the lyrics to a certain Journey song whenever he passed a girl named Sherry
6. You can admit to owning at least 2 of the following items as a teen:
o Legwarmers (in various colors)
o A Velcro wallet
o A Gunne Sax dress
o An Esprit sweatshirt (with the word ESPRIT proudly plastered across your chest)
o The soundtrack to Flashdance, Pretty in Pink, Purple Rain, and/or The Breakfast Club
o Candies sneakers
o A Swatch Watch
o Several issues of Tiger Beat magazine
7. True or False: You couldn’t understand why John Houghs movies never received Oscar nods
Leave your answers below for a chance to win a copy of Generation NeXt Parenting: The Savvy Parent's Guide to Getting It Right!
Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner's choice! Tell your friends.