Saturday, June 24, 2006

Where Dreams Come True . . .

Recently, my family and I took a much-longed-for trip to Walt Disney World. We'd talked about it, dreamed about it, planned it for years. And finally we took the plunge--mainly because at ages 16, 13, and 11 . . . it would soon be too late.

When my kids were toddlers, I remember old women stopping me in the stores to tell me to "enjoy this time, it goes quickly." I thought I'd paid attention--I really did. I strove to live for the moment.

But they still grew! The years passed, and it came to the time when we either lived-out our dream or gave up on it.

How about you? When you were younger and imagined your parenting years, what did you dream of? What did you want to do with your kids? What type of mom did you picture yourself?

Okay, now . . . what are you doing with those dreams? Years pass, kids grow, yet it's not too late. Where is your "Walt Disney World"? Now, what will it take to get there?

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, 28 June, 2006, Blogger Sarah Anne Sumpolec said...

Good for you for taking that trip!

I've always tried to live with no regrets so if there's anyway we can do something today instead of putting it off till tomorrow - then we do it.

Frankly, the only thing that stops us from doing more is money!

 
At Tuesday, 04 July, 2006, Blogger SuperMom said...

Every year I say we are going to start saving for that trip, and every year something happens to keep us from it. One day we'll get there.

With each passing day I am painfully aware of my children, and myself, getting older. It's tough to find the balance of being aware and using it to make the here and now sweeter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle