Tuesday, August 29, 2006

This is My Life

Today, I don't have time for a long post because in a few hours the social worker will be arriving to start the homestudy concerning about adoption.

For those of you who don't know, my husband and I are in the process of adopting a baby girl from China. And this homestudy is another step closer in bringing her home.

Of course, I have to admit that this homestudy has unnerved me more than I thought it would. The 13-pages of questions was difficult enough, but the idea of a person coming into to study our home and life . . . well, it's hard to put it into words.

So I've thrown myself into the only thing I could tangibly do--my house got a total cleaning. Every closet and drawer has been touched. My office, for the first time in months, actually looks like someplace where books could be written.

I know, you don't have to tell me. Our approval for this adoption will not hinge on whether the clothes in my closet are organized by color and season (although they now are). In fact, as a friend told me last week, "If your life isn't acceptable now, a week won't make the difference." She was right.

Still, what else could I do? John and I have put sixteen years into our life, our kids, our home. We've loved lots and we've attempted to follow Jesus. In the end that is all we can do. In the end that has to be enough. And my hope is that by focusing on our heavenly home, our earthly one will be up to par.

And either way, even the hamsters now have clean cages. And, I think I have a few more minutes to tackle the goldfish bowl . . .

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, 30 August, 2006, Blogger sherry boles~ said...

Best wishes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle