Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Drugs...

I'm sure most have you have seen this before, but if you haven't...

The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question, "Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?"

I replied, "I had a drug problem when I was young."

I was drug to church on Sunday morning, I was drug to church for wedding's and funeral's.

I was drug to family reunion's and community social's no matter the weather. I was drug by my ear's when I was disrespectful to adult's.

I was drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parent's, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the Preacher, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.

I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profane four-letter word. I was drug out to pull weed's in Mom's garden and flower bed's and cocklebur's out of Dad's field's.

I was drug to the home's of family, friend's, and neighbor's to help some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood; and, if mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.

Those drug's are still in my veins; and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, and think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin; and, if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.

Bless the Mother's who drug us !!

So what are your thoughts?

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, 23 January, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now-a-days all drugs are ILLEGAL. I heard last night that a senate??in California wants to make it illegal to spank your child. Minimum 1 year in prison.

I wonder how our children will turn out? And theirs???

Makes me sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle