Thursday, November 15, 2007

Guest Blogger...Cara Putnam



On Wednesdays nights I lead a Ladies’ Bible Study at church. Right now we’re discussing Get Out of that Pit by Beth Moore (great book, by the way!).

There’s a fantastic group of women who participate in the study, and I love the intense and vulnerable discussions we have.

As I was sitting there last night, I had to smile. You wouldn’t believe how many times someone would give an illustration for a point and it would include an antidote about kids.

Now this is a room full of mothers - of all ages. Some of us have young kids, some of us are grandmas. Some of us are just now looking at an empty nest. But I think all of us have at least one child.

And frequently when we’re discussing what God does with us - especially related to His loving discipline, we’ll start by saying something like, "now think about what you do with your kids…"
I’m probably the worst offender. As the leader I get to kick off discussions, pull the comments others make into the framework, and keep things moving. So often, I’ll use me as an example. And if I love my kids enough to allow them to experience the consequences of some of their decisions or to yank them back from the edge of danger, how much more God does.

So how have your kids revealed part of God’s nature and character to you lately?


Cara C. Putman
Canteen Dreams -- October 2007; Sandhill Dreams -- May 2008 and Captive Dreams -- September 2008 (Heartsong Presents) Deadly Exposure -- June 2008 (LI Suspense) http://www.caraputman.com/ Craftie Ladies of Suspense http://ladiesofsuspense.blogspot.com/
Original Writer for Jake Tremaine at Scenes & Beans:
http://kannerlake.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle