A Way A Day7 Ways To Love Your Spouse This Week!
Why wait for Valentine’s Day to show your spouse how much you care? Here are seven ways you can show devotion. The only price is time, commitment, and consideration.
1. Express Kind Words: Compliment your spouse at breakfast and try to get in three more loving expressions before bedtime. “Sound speech cannot be condemned.”(Titus 2:8)
2. Forgive Errors: Forgive your spouse quickly, instead of carrying a grudge all day. Give extra hugs to show pardon has been granted. “It is to his (her) glory to overlook a transgression.”(Proverbs 19:11)
3. Care About Burdens: If your spouse is discouraged after a hard day, discuss the problems, then pray together. “Bear one another’s burdens.”(Galatians 6:2)
4. Throw Away Expectations: Accept your spouse for who he/she is today, not according to your “wish list.”Remember your spouse is God’s special creation. “You are the children of the LORD your God.”(Deuteronomy 14:1)
5. Be Gracious: Speak to your spouse with the same respect and consideration you give your friends. Sometimes our words come out harsher than we intend. For added fun, leave a message on your spouse’s voice-mail and speak blessings for the day. “Let your speech always be with grace.”(Colossians 4:6)
6. Have A Good Attitude: Did a rainy day ruin your picnic? Your attitude can be as bright as sunshine or as dreary as a thunderstorm. Make the first words out of your mouth in the morning be a praise, and continue this habit throughout the day. “A merry heart does good, like medicine.”(Proverbs 17:22)
7. Seek God Together: Join your spouse in prayer, Bible reading and devotions. If your mate doesn’t feel comfortable with this, ask if you can read or pray out loud for the two of you. “For where two . . . are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”(Matthew 18:20)
Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner's choice! Tell your friends.