My 20 Wishes...Greetings from SUNNY Montana, which is nice. Very nice, since there was snow last week.
I just got back from a week away in Florida with my husband. John went to a Microsoft Conference and I wrote in the hotel room ... and, of course, occasionally hung out at the pool. You should see the PILES of stuff waiting on my desk!
I'm currently juggling three late summer/fall book deadlines, AND I'm leading a team of 19 adults and teens to the Czech Republic July 27th-August 11th. Add one high school graduation, one huge 16th birthday bash, one child's knee surgery, a media tour, and lots of FUNDRAISING and I've discovered a new favorite drink ... CranENERGY. :-)
Anyway, back to the 20 Wishes ...
Here are mine:
1. That we would get the $15,000 we still need for our missions' trip. We've raised over $30,000 so far!!! (It's expensive to take 19 people to Europe for 19 days.)
2. That we will make heart-friends with the Czech people.
3. That we will welcome knew brothers and sisters into God's kingdom during the trip.
4. That we will be a blessing to the Czech church, and we will be blessed.
5. For blessings on our adoption from China. And that I'll be patient during the long wait.
6. For our future daughter, whoever she is.
7. That my son Cory's knees will heal fast and that it will be clear it's God's doing.
8. That Cory will grow in his faith during his summer internship.
9. That John and I will step into the roles of friend/mentors and that Cory will step up to the plate and make wise decisions for everything concerning his future.
10. That Leslie and Nathan will also grow in their faith.
11. For Andrea our soon-to-be foreign exchange student. That she will have safe travel here in August and fit into our family well.
12. For my husband's children's church curriculum to find a way to reach churches and communities.
13. For God to do something big in me and in the message and words of my book Blue Like Play-doh.
14. For God's hand on the two novels I'm working on.
15. For better sales for my current books-in-print ... so their message will touch hearts.
16. For better sales for my current books-in-print ... so I can continue to write more.
17. For national media opportunities to share the good news of Jesus.
18. For peace and trust in God in all circumstances.
19. For discipline, will-power, and self-control in taking care of myself--God's temple.
20. That I may surrender to God for all!
Okay, looking back, I suppose these "wishes" are great prayer request, too. I covet your prayers!
Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner's choice! Tell your friends.