Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Journey

A few years ago, I came across a used book in the bookstore called, Streams in the Desert by L.B. Cowman. I knew it had to be a good one because the pages were nearly falling out of the binding. Sermon notes, poems, and Scripture verses were tucked within the pages. And many passages in the book were underlined. When I read the pages for myself, I was not disappointed.
Overall, the book has one theme, "Finding Hope in challenging times." My old copy of the book is retired on the shelf, and I had to purchase a new one. It's one I'd recommend you look up too.

I don't know about you, but raising kids is one of the most challenging things I face. My husband, John calls kids "moving targets." Just as soon as you've honed in on their unique needs they're moving, changing, growing and have new, greater, more challenging needs!

This morning, during my devotional time (which I'm finally getting around to at 11:30 a.m.) I came across these passage of a poem from L.B. Cowman's book, and I thought that it could apply to our parenting challenges:

He was better to me than all my hopes;
He was better than all my fears;

He made a bridge of my broken works,
And a rainbow of my tears.

The stormy waves that marked my ocean path,
Did carry my Lord on their crest;

When I dwell on the days of my wilderness march
I can lean on His love for the rest.

I don't need to expound on those words. I think they speak for themselves. I just wanted to share how they touched me today and to agree that Jesus is better to me than all I hope for and fear on this parenting journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle