Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Miracle of Life...


Recently I read a book by John Fischer called Confessions of a Caffeinated Christian. In it he talks about the miracle of each life. Now, as a volunteer for a Crisis Pregnancy Center, and as a mom, you’d think I’d get this by now. But have you REALLY thought about it? Each person … each and every one … is someone we can look at with amazement. See those numerous faces, we can run up to them, take their face in our hands and exclaimed, “God wanted you to live! Here, now … YOU.”

I was reading this book as I was staying in Los Vegas. Our hotel was right on the strip and every time I ventured out of my room I got an eyeful of flesh, so for the first few days I found myself staring at my feet as I strolled along. Then, taking John Fischer’s words to heart, I started looking at the faces of those in the crowd—the gamblers, the party girls, the hotel maids … God chose YOU to live, I’d think as I offered a smile and a prayer. This has been HUGE to me. And it’s given me an amazing love for my generation.

http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Caffeinated-Christian-Wide-Awake-Fischer/dp/0842384340/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/104-8928820-4135926?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1177247950&sr=8-2

What words do you think God is speaking to our generation? Why do you think we require God now more than ever?

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, 25 April, 2007, Blogger Jen's Journey said...

What an amazing thought! So obvious to us, when we know God's words. But, often a neglected reality. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle