Tuesday, January 27, 2009

In November and December I ran a contest asking:

What is one way motherhood has shaped YOU?

I'm taking your answers and running a series called "The Shaping of Mother". I was so blessed by your answers. Some serious, some laugh-out-loud funny! Priceless.

If you didn't get a chance to give your two cents, do so now. Just leave a comment. I'll be choosing one random commentor to receive a copy of Blue Like Play Dough when it releases in July.

Rebecca: Motherhood has shaped me by showing me my weak areas where God & I need to work. I thought I had it pretty much together until I had kids. Then I learned otherwise! I believe that is all part of God's great plan.

Melody: The most significant thing about motherhood for me was better understanding of how God sees me. I can be sooooo angry with something my kids have done, and yet I still want to give them good gifts, I want to see them restored-not cast aside, and my love for them never wavers. It\'s easier for me to understand God\'s grace toward me when I fail as I know that He loves me even more than I love my children, so His grace is that much greater as well! :)

Marci: Motherhood has shaped me into a vessel that is usable. God has used my kids and parenting as a way to draw me closer into a relationship with Him. I grew up in a Christain home, but after nearly dying in childbirth where I hemmoraged to the point of having my veins begin to collapse, I realized what mattered most. I was in God's hands. Whether here on Earth or up in heaven He promised I will never leave you or forsake you. Knowing the peace of being in God's capable and perfect hands is what I was able to draw comfort from when our son was in Afgahnistan with the Marines. We learned over Father's Day weekend that four men from his unit were killed, but the names were not released for 48 hours. A lot goes through a mother's mind as you wonder, worry and wait. The comfort for me was knowing that God's hands are bigger than mine. Just as I was in God's hands, so are my kids.

Krismar: With arms outstretched, my appearance often resembles the cross. Fittingly, as I need to lay down my burdens at the cross, that cross where He died for my sins. And so I am reminded in motherhood of his redeeming grace, daily, as I struggle to raise my boys in His light and even in the shadow of His cross. Motherhood has shaped me . . . but that shape is humbling in His eyes.

Audra: I think being a mother (of two girls and a boy) has given me a greater understanding of how God can forgive His children over and over again and continue to love us unconditionally. There are days when one or more of my children are stomping on my last frayed nerve and I wonder why I ever wanted children in the first place! However, even in those moments, I love my children and want what is best for them. If I, imperfect as I am, can love my children even when they try my patience over and over, how much more must God love us? Matthew 7:9-11 means more to me now as a mom than it ever did before I had children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle