Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Shaping of Mother

In November and December I ran a contest asking:

What is one way motherhood has shaped YOU?

I'm taking your answers and running a series called "The Shaping of Mother". I was so blessed by your answers. Some serious, some laugh-out-loud funny! Priceless.

If you didn't get a chance to give your two cents, do so now. Just leave a comment. I'll be choosing one random commentor to receive a copy of Blue Like Play Dough when it releases in July.


Carrie T: Being a mom to my five kids has been a wonderful journey, but it has also been stretching and sometimes agonizing.

Watching them grow from sweet little babies to amazing young adults has expanded my heart in ways I never would have guessed. Sharing their joys and heartaches and watching their struggles and victories has added a new dimension to my life and allowed me to experience a deeper love than I had known was possible.

But some days....when they lose their homework, forget their lunch, stay out past curfew, get another ticket, lose their wallet - again for the third time - or any number of other memorable catastrophes, I am reminded that love covers a multitude of sins, and grace and forgiveness will often soften a heart that would otherwise remain cold and indifferent.

God has used my kids to mold me and shape me, and in the process, he has given me a peek at how much my Heavenly Father loves me.

Michelle: Motherhood..wow..what can I say..it has totally changed me as a young naive girl to a more mature and confidant woman...it is still constantly changing me everyday. As my kids grow I grow and change and learn more about myself as well as how much I can influence someone else! Motherhood has given me a sense of pride in how I raise my children and also keeps me thanking God each and everyday for trusting me with my 4 little blessings!

Marti: It's made me feel more creative. (Is there a pun in there?) But more importantly, motherhood has taught me so much about God ... about how He must feel when we succeed ... how He must feel when we fail. Being a human parent pales compared to what God experiences, but I think parenthood is one of the ways we are created in His image.

Jessica: Motherhood has shaped me in a lot of ways. I think the main way is seeing more of how God sees me. I love my kids so stinkin' much; I can hardly stand it sometimes. And when I think of how God loves me MORE than that, with a PERFECT love, WOW! I just well up with emotion. Being a mom makes it more clear what kind of a father God is.

Crystal: Mothering has shown me exactly how selfish I am. It's made me rely on God each day for the strength to say no to my selfish desires and say yes to the calling of a homeschooling mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle