Friday, September 29, 2006

Gold Star

This morning in the shower I was thinking about what I wanted to say to all of you. And I mean it from my heart.

Today, my friend, I give you a gold star. You deserve one, you know. You have a heart toward being the best parent you can. You love those kids . . . even when they act so unlovable. You give your time, your energy, your heart and often don't get much in return. I take that back. You get a lot . . . a lot of laundry, a lot of messes to pick up, a lot of frustration, I know.

You get a gold star because you desire for your children to know God. Not just know about Him, but truly connect with God's heart. You're not perfect, no one is. But you're willing to take a hard look at your mistakes and try again. You take your weaknesses before God and seek His strength.

Parenting is harder than you thought, but much more rewarding too. You love it, yet (if you're like me) you're also thinking ahead to a time when things will be easier. (Please, Lord!)

You get a gold star, my friend. Imagine it smack in the middle of your forhead. And the best thing is that you not only have my applause, you have God's too. In fact, you get two gold stars . . . because He's also placing one on your heart, that only He can see.

1 Comments:

At Friday, 29 September, 2006, Blogger Tracey, in MI said...

I needed that- in a number of ways--- but, can mine be a moved a little to the left?--- I've got this zit, I'd love to cover;)

Funny- we are often told to do better as parents- not so often do we recieve a gold star.


But- I think God is always holding them out. His cover our imperfections too, but instead of a "gold star" His gift is called grace.

I need that every day too-

ps- I think I'll show my teens my gold star today- and maybe give them one too.

thnx again;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle