Monday, December 04, 2006

More buzz about Generation NeXt Parenting


Buzz...

Beach-Lit Writer, says...
"You know what I love about this book? It’s not dull. It’s not pages and pages of text in the same font, saying basically the same thing over and over again: Give it up, Mom! Your kids are beyond repair! That’s one reason I’ve forever chucked many parenting books. I know that I mess up on a regular basis; I don’t need to be reminded of that fact in 300+ pages.
Maybe that sounds harsh. But, seriously, give me something I can use. Okay, I'm teasing. Yes, there are some good books out there (and, from personal reading experience, some very bad ones). This one, however, is special.
In Generation NeXt Parenting , Tricia Goyer identifies with Gen Xers because, well, like me, she is one. She says, "My generation is serious about parenting—just look at all we expect from our children and ourselves!" Ooh, can I relate to that." read the rest

Buzz and a contest...

Here's what Open Book had to say:
"Tricia Goyer offers some amazing encouragement to those of us who grew up in the 70's and 80's as latchkey kids and divorce casualties. For anyone who's ever asked, "what on earth am I doing here trying to be a parent?" or even if you've got it all figured out, her book offers hope and help. Whether your kid is an infant or a teenager, each chapter addresses one aspect of parenting that applies to every age and stage of growing up." Read the rest here and leave a comment to be entered in the contest for a free book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle