Monday, December 11, 2006

Ten Things I Wish I'd Known About Parenting by Amy Wallace

Ten Things I Wish I'd Known About Parenting

1) Three year olds really do think they rule the world.

2) So do tweens.

3) Mommies really can take a nap and the world will not self-destruct.

4) Pet fish aren't flushable; they must be buried.

5) Chocolate is a food group.

6) Children can be reasoned with and will be obedient...as long as there's chocolate involved.

7) A piece of chocolate not only makes the medicine go down, but also peas, broccoli, and carrots too.

8) Subtle hints will be categorically ignored.

9) As "the baby" grows up, moms learn how to cry and cheer at the same time.

10) That the same instruction can be repeated ad nauseam and still be ignored...but somehow they really do "get it." Eventually.

Amy is married to a hunk, a homeschool mom of 3, writer, youth Bible study leader, and avid chocoholic. Those are some of the hats she loves to wear, but who Amy really is can be summed up in this: Amy is a daughter of the King learning to live and love with laughter.www.amywallace.comwww.defendersofhope.com

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 12 December, 2006, Blogger Amy Wallace said...

Number 5 is still my favorite! And I have a new dress size to prove it. ;-)

Amy

 
At Tuesday, 12 December, 2006, Blogger Tricia Goyer said...

I agree! I got an early Christmas gift of truffles, and now my pants are getting tight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle