Thursday, March 13, 2008

Who has influenced you...MeMe

"She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue." Proverbs 31:26

Oswald Chambers said: "Which are the people who have influenced us most? Not the ones who thought they did, but those who had not the remotest notion that they were influencing us."

Do you have people like that in your life--those who influenced you, but had no idea they did? I know it has been in mine. Likewise the reverse is also true. In fact, it makes me think who do I influence the most? Not only the ones that we, as Christian Writers, concentrate on – our readers, but also those whom we have not the remotest notion we are influencing. One of the strongest ways we influence others is with our words. A friend of mine once said, "Watch every word that comes out of your mouth, you don't know who's listening."

It is easy to convey our beliefs and morals on paper, yet it is more difficult to covey these things in our lives, and with our words. But words laced with wisdom and faithful instruction can bring greater influence than we could ever imagine. What you speak to your son in the grocery store may be the words the woman in line behind you needs to hear. Your positive comments about a situation at work, may help a co-worker decide that this "Jesus thing" is real. Your joyful remarks in church, may be more meaningful to the visitor sitting behind you than the whole sermon. So as a friend I'm saying to you, "Watch every word that comes out of your mouth, you don't know who's listening."

MeMe
1. Who is one person who influenced your life that had no idea they did?

2. Who do you hope to influence today?

3. What is your biggest struggle when it comes to your words?

4. What is one thing someone said to you in the 6th grade (good or bad) that you still remember?
am


Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner's choice! Tell your friends.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 13 March, 2008, Blogger windycindy said...

Here goes nothing.....1.) Pastor Wells, 2.) Hopefully, anyone I come in contact with and 3.) Always think before I speak! The sixth grade was not a real great one for me. I was a stinker. I was always in the gym writing 100 or more sentences instead of being outside for recess. I also told one of my teachers, he had pets and I ended up getting swatted. Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

 
At Friday, 14 March, 2008, Blogger Patti said...

1. Who is one person who influenced your life that had no idea they did?
This would have to be my college Spanish teacher. He acted like a monkey in class; he told jokes in Spanish...all things to keep us interested and talking. He showed me that teaching doesn't need to be so textbook formal.
2. Who do you hope to influence today? I feel most drawn to influence teen girls I meet today, especially the ones growing up in loving, Christian homes that they take for granted. Having been down that road, I pray they can go a better way

3. What is your biggest struggle when it comes to your words? This mostly applies to my kids...impatience is my struggle.

4. What is one thing someone said to you in the 6th grade (good or bad) that you still remember? He he he... I mostly remember being called "Beanpole" in the sixth grade. It was terrible then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle