Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Shaping of Mother

In November and December I ran a contest asking:

What is one way motherhood has shaped YOU?

I'm taking your answers and running a series called "The Shaping of Mother". I was so blessed by your answers. Some serious, some laugh-out-loud funny! Priceless.

If you didn't get a chance to give your two cents, do so now. Just leave a comment. I'll be choosing one random commentor to receive a copy of Blue Like Play Dough when it releases in July.

Amy: How motherhood has shaped me? Being a mother has taught me to be patience and laugh at the silly things in life. Appreciate people for who they are and what they do for us.

I have learned that not all people are alike-my girls are all different and distinct personalities. Just like a box of crayons, multitude of dimensions.

Mary: One way-- my twelve kids and six miscarriages -- have stripped me of any idea that i am in control of my life, or should be. But rather every day i spend my day sending little prayers up to God for my living children. Prayers of petition, and thanksgiving and awe!! Asking Him to help me, help them, return to Him. They are His on loan to my husband and me. "All things work together for the good for those that love God."

Michelle: One way that motherhood has shaped me....Motherhood has shaped me in many ways, full and round ready to burst with joy, a simple heart totally in love, squished flat in defeat, a confused messy blob....but through all of this shaping, motherhood has made me tough. I can deal with tons of work, little sleep, endless surprises, big scary spiders, things that grow in the fridge, monsters under the bed, poop and puke, boo boos, sickness, loneliness, heartbreak, hanging on tight, letting go-all with a heart so full of love it is ready to burst.

Robin: Motherhood has shaped my life by giving me a new revelation of Christ's love for us His Children! Being a mom has really changed everything in my life. My first thoughts in the morning are about my girls, my last thoughts at night are about them. All I want to do is see them smile and hug on them. I thank God daily for this wonderful blessing of being a mom! Even though some days are hard and I think 'What have I gotten myself into' -- there isn't anything in life I want more than to be a mommy:-)

Michelle: Motherhood has taught me to let go of perfectionism. The house will not stay clean, the laundry will always be there (even if I've done 10 loads today!) and my kids will still love me! They want to be with me, not watching me clean.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, 28 January, 2009, Blogger Carrie said...

Hmmm. Motherhood taught me how to get out of God's way and let His life be mine. I was not and am not perfect at mothering, but my daily goal was and is to not hinder God's plans for my child. Ugh. That goal helped me learn how to get out of God's way in my own life, too. Bigger ugh.

Somedays I fail, and then there are those days so amazing and glorious and wonderful when I'm allowed the privilege of seeing a scrap of what God's doing in my son's life, who He's growing my son to be and I fall to my knees, again, in thanks and praise for being allowed the honor of parenting.

 
At Friday, 30 January, 2009, Blogger Tricia Goyer said...

Thank you for sharing this Carrie! I totally agree. It's hard getting out of God's way isn't it? So many times I think I KNOW what's best.

Getting on your knees is the best thing you can do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle