Monday, February 16, 2009

Glamour Magazine and Abortion

I was surprised and excited to read that Glamour Mag did an article about post-abortion stories. (See press release below) I often share my personal story when I speak--years of emotional pain, regret, darkness, and burdens ... and I struggled with all those things as a Christian!

Like Lisa Gaylord, I too found healing through the Bible Study Forgiven and Set Free. After the FIRST NIGHT of going to the study, and seeing the other women in the room, I felt LIBERATED. There were other women like me. Jesus forgave me, but I had permission to forgive myself.

I found so much healing that I later went on to teach the Bible Study. After that, I felt God's call to help launch Hope Pregnancy Center. My freedom also spilled over to all part of my life. I'm a joyful mom and wife. My writing as flourished as I write in freedom and peace from deep in my soul. I've written on Christian book for teen girls: My Life, Unscripted (Zondervan). And another book for teens to help them NOT get in that situation: My Life, Unscripted (Thomas Nelson). Also, two of my novels have stories of women abandoned by men after pregnancy. I've written articles about my experience, too.

Articles:
When Children Have Children:
http://www.christianitytoday.com/tcw/2006/julaug/12.56.html

Silent Suffering: Post-Abortion Trauma:
http://legacy.pastors.com/RWMT/article.asp?ID=137&ArtID=2565

Awaiting the Transformation:
http://www2.focusonthefamily.com/focusmagazine/spiritualheritage/A000001134.cfm

Radio interviews and articles from Focus on the Family:
http://www.focusonthefamily.com/search.aspx/search?q=tricia%20goyer

Read Lisa's story ... and if you know someone who needs this Bible Study encourage her (or him!) to attend. When Christ sets us free, we are free indeed!

Care Net: Glamour Mag Abortion Stories Point to Need for More Recovery Groups
LANSDOWNE, VA, Feb. 11 /Christian Newswire/ -- In its March issue, Glamour magazine explores the real life stories of women who have had an abortion. Care Net President Melinda Delahoyde thanked the magazine for giving voice to women whose abortion was a traumatic experience and has caused them emotional pain. However, she called on Glamour to do more to point their readers to the healing found through a post-abortion recovery group. Sadly, only one of the women featured in the article found such help, and no information was provided for readers about where to find it. That woman, Lisa Gaylord, now leads the recovery group at Hopeline Pregnancy Resource Center, a Care Net center in Danbury, Connecticut. Read Lisa's full story. "

All too often, magazines like Glamour will shy away from publishing women's raw abortion stories," Delahoyde said. "By allowing some women to share about the 'emotional hell' they have gone through, this issue treats the abortion experience more honestly. However, it does a poor job of presenting a balanced viewpoint about where to find healing. The only resources Glamour refers readers to are those offered by abortion advocates."

Read the rest of the press release here!


1 Comments:

At Sunday, 17 May, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for the info

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle