Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Shaping of Mother

In November and December I ran a contest asking:

What is one way motherhood has shaped YOU?

I'm taking your answers and running a series called "The Shaping of Mother". I was so blessed by your answers. Some serious, some laugh-out-loud funny! Priceless.

If you didn't get a chance to give your two cents, do so now. Just leave a comment. I'll be choosing one random commentor to receive a copy of Blue Like Play Dough when it releases in July.

Angela: Motherhood has encouraged me to grow into the woman God designed me to be...the journey started as one to benefit my kids, but now I am in it to glorify God. It's changed my life.

Shannon: Motherhood has made me a more selfless person. Instead of thinking of serving myself seconds at mealtimes, I like to make sure everyone around me has had enough to eat. Instead of buying myself clothes, dvds, or other items when there is extra money, I make sure my kids have their needs met or sign them up for sports activities such as soccer or swimming. I have also developed greater patience - although I still have a long way to go.

Carol: Motherhood has made me a better person in every way....a more exhausted person, but a better one nonetheless. I have learned patience, tolerance, and the endless limits of my ability to love because of my children.

Gina: How motherhood has shaped me? I instantly became aware that I'm not just responsible for a young life, I'm responsible for a young soul. And a kid learns by watching. So improving myself, with God's help, is the only way to be a better mom. Now, I like myself, I know God loves me & I'm following my purpose.


Leticia: I need to start from the beginning. When I was teenager I hated babies and toddlers etc. They used to irk me. In fact, I won a debate supporting abortion. Thank the Lord Jesus for setting me straight.

Fast-forward to 1996, married three years, decided children were a blessing not a curse. And was told by physicians that it would be impossible for me to have children. Ever. I cried my heart out, I was 26-years-old, and told my family the bad news. I prayed to the Lord to let me have a child before the age of 30. Low and behold at 29, I was pregnant!! I cried so hard at the doctor's office that I made the nursing staff cry with me with joy.

Pregnancy was very, very difficult and painful and I was in labor for 32 hours. But worth it. When Nathanael was placed into my arms, blood and gook and all, it changed my life forever. I had never in my life felt so much love for anyone as I did holding my precious little boy. The Lord blessed me again in 2001, with Ethan. Then unfortunately, in 2003 I was urged to get a hysterectomy. Being a mother, to me, is the greatest and most important job in the world. God entrusted to me with two priceless treasures. They have been my greatest blessing and joy. Every day brings enlightement and trials, but through it all, I couldn't ask for two better babies. I love that I can share my faith with them, that I can dance, sing and play with them. I cannot help but gaze at them sometimes and think to myself "Wow! Those are mine." And I thank the Lord all over again for them.

Motherhood is a hard job, but it is so worth the wonderful journey.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, 04 February, 2009, Blogger LaShaunda said...

Leticia statement is perfect.

Motherhood is a hard job, but it is so worth the wonderful journey.

I love the journey I'm on with my kids. Each day is an adventure and I'm truly thankful for them being in my life.

I do believe they make me want to be a better person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle