Monday, February 09, 2009

The Shaping of Mother

In November and December I ran a contest asking:

What is one way motherhood has shaped YOU?

I'm taking your answers and running a series called "The Shaping of Mother". I was so blessed by your answers. Some serious, some laugh-out-loud funny! Priceless.

If you didn't get a chance to give your two cents, do so now. Just leave a comment. I'll be choosing one random commentor to receive a copy of Blue Like Play Dough when it releases in July.

Cheryl: Motherhood has change me in more ways that I ever thought possible. Most recently, God is using my children to refine characteristics in me to shape me more into His likeness. I'm a biological mother of two, step mother of two. Three of the four are ADD/ADHD. It's like God said, Cheryl, two weren't enough because you're a slow learner. :-)

Pat: I learned self-sacrifice at a level I've never known before or since. A love so deep I can feel it. A joy and pride in watching my son become the man God created him to be. That was my prayer every night of his life when he was home. And now, at 24, he IS becoming the man God created him to be. I'm in awe at who that is and who God is in him. I am blessed beyond all measure.

Lori: After being married for 11 years we were blessed with our 1st child. Soon after our second child was born. They are now young men who love the Lord. What can be more of a blessing than that! Watching them grow with the Lord and learn new things has made me more in awe of what a great God we serve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle