Monday, October 02, 2006

Her Best Move

Last month my friend Stacy DeBroff from Mom Central, Inc. contacted me to see if I'd be interested in joining the Parent's Advisory Board for the new movie Her Best Move. Stacy assured me the movie has much to say about girls and sports today. My answer? "Of course!"

My family and I had the opportunity to watch the movie last week. My comments are below.

If you want to learn more about Her Best Move, go to http://www.herbestmove.com/

Growing up is hard enough work, but what if in addition to juggling school, friends and boys (both hot and not) you have to worry about making the National Women's Soccer Team and receiving your father's approval in the process? That's the challenge for fifteen-year-old Sara Davis. My husband, three preteen/teen kids and I gathered around our in-house-theater (aka living room TV) to check out the movie. As an author of parenting books that deal with the numerous struggles of today's families, including getting our kids so involved in extracurricular activities that they don't have a life, I was interested to see how Sara's story would play out. The movie not only kept our interest, it also brought about great family discussion about excelling in our talents vs. trying to please others to the point of sacrificing ourselves and all we hold dear. Overall, I was pleased by the good lessons taught in this movie, and I'm glad our family was giving the opportunity to have a "Sneak Peak"!
--Tricia Goyer, award-winning author of Generation NeXt Parenting and expert mom for ClubMom.com

What do you think? Does it sound like a movie you'd be interested in?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle