Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Praise!

I can't begin to tell you what an AMAZING day I had yesterday when I decided to "believe." (If you missed that post just scan down and this will make sense.)

Yesterday, after I read my Bible, I prayed that God would guide my to-do list. I decided to believe that He cared as much as the little things in my life as the big ones.

I started by making some homemade soup, then I looked to the things on my list. I sent a query to an editor about an article simmering in my brain. I emailed a woman I want to write a story about. I checked some things off my list that I needed to do for one of my publishing houses. I researched for my novel. I helped my kids on their homework. I cleaned off my desk, cleaned my bedroom and bathroom, played video games with my kids, made a nice dinner, answered a dozen of my 145 important emails, talked with a friend on the phone . . . it was a great day!

The truth is that in a typical day many of these things get done, but I'm stressed when I do them. They never seemed before to be enough. I've been too busy lately looking at the 130 unanswered emails to rejoice in the few answered. Or I've been too busy noticing the dirty kitchen floor to be thankful for the clean bathroom. But yesterday I chose to BELIEVE that God had certain things for me to do--just enough for one day.

Not only did I have peace during the day, I was jazzed by the results. The editor I queried emailed me back within an hour with a contract. The person I want to interviewed gave me the go ahead. I received a call from my publisher with two upcoming radio interviews. I laughed with my kids.

Today, God had a different theme He wanted to speak to me. See if you can figure it out :-)

"All of God's revealed truths are sealed until they are opened to us through obedience. You will never open them through philosophy or thinking. But once you obey, a flash of light comes immediately . . . If you obey God in the first thing He shows you, then He instantly opens up the next truth to you. You could read volumes on the work of the Holy Spirit, when five minutes of total, uncompromising obedience would make things as clear as sunlight . . . Yet God will never reveal more truth about Himself to you, until you have obeyed what you know already."--Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, October 10.

"You are truly my disciples of you keep my obeying my teachings. And you will know the truth and the truth will set you free." John 8:31 NLT

and

"Anyone who wants to do the will of God will know whether my teaching is from God or is merely my own." John 7:17 NLT

The same message from two different sources that I "just happened" to be reading today.

Oh Lord, help me to obey in my daily stuff today.

Tricia Goyer
www.triciagoyer.com

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, 10 October, 2006, Blogger Cara Putman said...

What a great challenge, Tricia. I certainly need to believe God for the little things, and to obey Him in what I know I am supposed to do. That's a lot to think about (and believe!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle