Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Interview with Gina Conroy

Here's is an excerpt of an interview with Gina Conroy at Mom2Mom Connection

Gina has contributed to my blog on a regular basis (just last week infact)!

Help for Praying Moms: Gina Conroy

With Mother’s Day coming soon, I want to highlight some special moms who reach out to encourage those of us deep in the trenches.

Gina Conroy is an author and mom of four who has a heart for using her gift of writing to build up her peers. According to her website, Gina grew up in a New York Italian family where she says “there was never a lack of drama, love and interesting dialogue.”

At the age of 15, she went to a Wayne Cochran retreat and gave her life to the Lord. She graduated with honor from Oral Roberts University with a degree in Communication Arts. Gina is founder of
Writer…Interrupted and writes about her experiences trying to balance it all at Portrait of a Writer…Interrupted. She’s the co-author of Anytime Prayers for Everyday Moms and has also contributed to Reach for Your Dreams Graduate.

Welcome, Gina!


Why do you feel it’s important for mothers to pray?

Believe it or not, praying is not an easy thing for me to do. I’m not talking about the quick prayers we moms mutter consistently under our breaths every day. I’m talking about the more concentrated and thoughtful prayers, specific to each child. I’ve always known it’s important to do, but knowing and doing are two different things.

When I wrote
Anytime Prayers for Everyday Moms, God met a need in my own life through my own prayers. The topics I was assigned to write about were exactly what I was going through. My prayers flowed naturally from me and ministered to me.

read the rest of the interview here:

http://mom2momconnection.com/2007/05/02/help-for-praying-moms-gina-conroy/

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 10 May, 2007, Blogger Gina Conroy said...

Thanks for posting this! What a surprise and perfect timing for Mother's Day!

 
At Friday, 18 May, 2007, Blogger Heather Ivester said...

Thanks for the link -- Gina is such a nice person!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle