Thursday, May 03, 2007

Redeeming the pain...

Author Sharon Jaynes interviewed me on Rick Warren's A Purpose Driven Life's website.

Sharon Jaynes is an international, inspirational speaker and Bible teacher. She is the author of 10 books including Your Scars are Beautiful to God: Discovering the Purpose in the Pain of Your Past. For more on Sharon’s ministry and her books, visit www.sharonjaynes.com.

Here's an excerpt and a link to read the rest of the article.

Tricia’s investment

Tricia Goyer faced teen pregnancy … twice. It was a scar she would wear for the rest of her life, but would she wear it with guilt and shame or grace and forgiveness? Could God take something that was obviously out of his will, sexual intimacy outside the bonds of marriage, and use it for good? If we believe Romans 8:28, then the answer must be yes. Let’s take a moment and let Tricia tell us her story.

Your Scars are Beautiful to God
By Sharon Jaynes

“I don’t remember the face of the nurse who gave me the news, but I do remember the quiet car ride home with my mom. I remember the first words out of my boyfriend’s mouth: ‘I don’t believe you. It’s over, anyway.’

“I was 17, pregnant, alone, and I didn’t know what to do. It wasn’t the first time. Almost two years prior, I’d been dating the same guy and had received the same news. For that pregnancy, I chose the ‘easy way out’ – only to discover there was nothing easy about the heartache and shame of abortion. There was nothing easy about facing the fact I chose not to carry my child.

“This time I knew having my baby was the right choice. But what about my life? One week I was a cheerleader and an honor roll student. The next week I wasn’t. The embarrassment of my expanding waistline compelled me to drop out of school, out of extracurricular activities, out of life. I spent my days sleeping until noon, working on homework for my credits, and watching soap operas.

“When I was six months pregnant, I reached my lowest point. I woke up one day at noon, reaching for the remote control. I was angry my friends didn’t call and angry my boyfriend had moved on to someone else. Unexpectedly, I erupted into a torrent of tears, realizing what had become of my life. Yet even as my heart ached, something deep inside told me I didn’t have to face this alone. I thought about my Sunday school lessons when I was a little girl. I remembered the joy on my teacher’s face as she told me that Jesus loved me. And as I let the words of Jesus Loves Me drift through my mind, I wrapped my arms around my stomach and cried out to God.

Read the rest here

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Friday, 04 May, 2007, Blogger Jen's Journey said...

I remember hearing about those days. I am so glad Christ called to your heart and you listened to Him! :) I remember being concerned about the gossip. I remember wishing I weren't the "little" girl in your brother's class ... wishing I could be your friend at the time. Praise God for where we are now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle