Friday, April 27, 2007

His faithful servants...

One thing about Gen Xers is that we often have splintered family relationships. Personally I have a mom, a biological dad I didn’t know until I was 27, and three step-dads, the second of which raised me.

Of course, you can imagine the half-siblings, distant cousins, and other new family members that are thrown into the mix.

Well, a few weeks ago I was able to meet my grandpa for the first time. This is my real, paternal grandfather. His blood pumps through my veins.

With my grandfather also came stories of my heritage of my great-grandfather, great-great grandfathers . . . and on.

One thing that I found was amazing was that I discovered I came through a whole line of missionaries and church planters—men and women who loved God with all their heart.

It’s taken me a few weeks for this to sink in. It also made me realize God’s promises are true. God is with the children, grandchildren, and great-great children of His faithful servants. God found me, used me, worked through me … even when I didn’t even know this heritage. God had answered their prayers even when they couldn’t imagine me … and even when I didn’t know they existed.

Pretty amazing, don’t you think?!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, 27 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's totally awesome!

 
At Sunday, 29 April, 2007, Blogger Jen's Journey said...

All I can say is WOW! He is truly amazing. And, this would be a truly awesome experience, in my opinion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle