Thursday, October 12, 2006

For Women Only

For the past month I've been spending my Wednesday nights leading a small group at church. About a dozen of us women are going through the book For Women Only: What You Need To Know About the Inner Lives of Men.

I've discovered two things: 1) Out of the dozen of husbands, each man is amazingly unique. 2) Underneath that exterior, each man is unbelievably the same.

This book has not only helped me understand my husband better--and meet his personal needs. It's helped me understand my two boys. Afterall, they have the same needs for appreciation, affection, etc.

Last week, I was driving my 14-year-old daughter home from work and my book was in the car. She started glancing through it.

"What's this?" she asked.

"It's a book that talks about the inner lives of men and what makes them tick."

One of her eyebrows cocked.

"Go ahead, you can read it if you want."

The next morning, Leslie brought the book to me. "I read it."

"All of it?" I asked.

"Uh-huh, and I saw in the back there's a book For Young Women Only, can I buy? Can you order it online for me?" She pulled out a stack of one dollar bills from her tip money.

"Uh, sure." Five minutes later the book was ordered and I had an email confirmation that it was on its way.

It's since come in, she's read it, and I heard it was the hot topic at youth group. "All the girls want to read it," she said.

I suggested Leslie start her own small group, and her eyes brightened. I'm pretty sure she'll do it and it will be a big hit.

My wise daughter has figured two things out. 1) Men are different. 2) The more women understand these differences, the better prepared they are for marriage and for life.

So what about you? Have you read a good book lately that you've wanted to share about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle