Friday, June 30, 2006

Elisabeth Shue

Every novelist dreams of his/her book being made into a movie. When my first novel, From Dust and Ashes, came out I let my imagination wander, and I tried to pick the perfect actors/actresses play the parts of my characters. My choices?

Peter--Damian Lewis (Band of Brothers)

Michaela--Penelope Cruz (Sahara)

Freidrik--Val Kilmer (The Saint)

Helene--Elisabeth Shue (The Saint)

(Can you tell my favorite movie is The Saint? I've seen it a couple dozen times!)

If you haven't read From Dust and Ashes the basic premise is that a small group of US soldiers liberate a concentration camp in Austria. Helene is a Nazi wife who has been living with horrors of the camp right outside the window. As soon as her husband flees the Americans, she ventures into the gates to help care for camp prisoners. The best part is it's based on a TRUE STORY I heard while researching in Austria. Check it out here. Don't you think Elisabeth would do GREAT in that part?

Of course, in my mind, I always think of people like Elizabeth Shue as actors who don't have to deal with the same struggles as other Gen X moms. But that's not the case. She's a mom just like us. In fact, she just gave birth to her third baby! (Congratulations Elisabeth!)

If you want to know more, check out the latest news from Elisabeth here on ClubMom.com

Honesty, she's a mom just like us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

buy unique gifts at Zazzle